Sunday, February 01, 2004

My Christ

Honestly speaking, the day I begun truly practising and knowing my faith did not start at birth or my early years or even during my early teenagehood, but was actually last year, when I first joined Lifeline College & Young Adults Ministry. My interest for the Catholic faith and the love of God took a dramatic turn last year and it is truly God's grace that I am sustaining my faith now. 2003, was not a smooth-flowing year rather it was a stormy one. But the Lord, lifted me up from the storm and brought me onto solid ground. And when I fell into mud, the Lord pulled me back up. :) I do not deny that my life is not without problems, rather I admit that my life probably has as many problems as the average non-Christian. Then what makes me different being a Christian?, you might ask. Well, for starters; I have Christ. Although, I face problems or suffering; but with Christ I know that my sufferings are redemptive just as His suffering is redemptive. So when I suffer, I know that I am blessed because the Lord trusts me enough to overcome this suffering/problem. For the Lord, never gives me a task which I could never overcome. All I had to do is to pray, for God's grace to sustain me in faith.

My journey with Christ will not be a smooth journey, because the more I devote myself to God, the more temptations I will encounter; which is a way the evil one uses to draw me away from the Lord. But I believe the Lord will sustain me, and make me stronger with every battle with the evil one. I pray that at the end of my life here on earth, I can say: "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith(2Timothy 4:7)" on my tombstone; just as St. Paul did.

"I will follow Christ, I will run the race, fight the good fight, standing on my faith.." - I Will Follow Christ (Bob Carlisle)

God bless,

Celestine <><

No comments: