Saturday, July 31, 2004

My First Paycheck

Just to update you guys on what I have been up to these days. Well recently I had my first taste of the corporate world as a "Corporate Marketing Executive"; which involves calling a selected many of business people to offer them opportunities to sign-up for our management training programmes. A stressful job this is because not everyday will be a smooth one. And although it does not require much physical effort, it requires much mental effort especially when it comes to pitching (marketing the product). So at the end of the day, I go home tired and it's the same cycle all over again the next day. But the good news is, I received my first paycheck yesterday! Yippee! It was not much but then again being in the working world made realised a few things...

That money is truly - HARD EARNED! I never realised this fact until I started working and this made me felt guilty when I thought of the times I pester my parent to get me this and that, without considering the fact that money is really hard to come by.

That being in the coporate world - CHALLENGES MY CHRISTIAN FAITH! I used to think that "how difficult can working life be?" until I started working myself. Blessing myself with the sign of the cross and praying in public with my colleagues around me was a task that I find difficult initially. I felt that others were watching me and I was worried of how they might perceive me. In short; I was more conscious of myself than of the omnipresent God that surrounds not just me but the whole universe He created.

That there is an - URGENT NEED TO SPREAD THE GOSPEL! Don't everyone know Jesus? The answer is no. Although they might know Jesus as some historical figure but not many know that He is the Son of the Living God! As I work among my fellow colleagues everyday, this truth manifests more and more.

The solution? Look up Romans 10:13-15

"for, 'Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.' How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, 'How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!'"

Peace. <><


No comments: