Tuesday, December 16, 2003

My Child-like Faith

Hi everyone :)

It's been a loOoOong time since i last blogged... Miss me? haha. Just to let you guys know, I am already back in JB since last Friday(brought back by Kenneth, Martin, Anne and Father Larry; they were on the way to Singapore to attend Adrian Khoo's Wedding. THANKS GUYS! =) ) JB hasn't changed much for the past 9 months when i was in Selangor... except for the route for bus 52 and taxi stand rules & regulations near Tmn Daya area ;) haha.

My stay in JB has been proven fruitful, for I have discovered another testimony that prayer works! Praise God! Many months ago, Adrian(Ng) introduced me a new of using the rosary to pray, which is to include the person's name in the "Hail Mary".. which is, instead of "..pray for us sinners now at the hour of our death. Amen", I replaced it with "pray for [name] now, at the hour of his/her death. Amen.".. So anyway, I prayed the rosary for sometime(a month, perhaps) and included names of people I know(family, friends and foe; haha) on my 50 rosary beads and prayed for them.. One of them that I prayed for was my Uncle Thomas, and at that time I just felt that I want to pray for him. And little did I know, the Lord granted him the grace to stop smoking! Praise the Lord, he stopped smoking for 30 consecutive days, and it's still going on! I pray that the Lord will continue to shower him the grace to kick this addiction for good! Amen! Our God is an awesome God! :)

I have realised one really important thing during my journey to JB, which is "Why did Jesus wanted us to be like children?".. The answer is children have faith that could move mountains! I remember when I was a child, it is really unbelievable, how much faith I can put in to things and actually made it happen! From academically to my personal wants! Probably some of you guys might think, "yeah because you were a kid, plus maybe you were cute and that studies was easy".. to some extent that might be true. But not all true, you see I had faith.. very unshakable faith at that time.. ;) As I grew and went into adolescence, I was exposed to the cruel, so called "facts of life" and I grew conforming to that fact.. Sad huh? And since then, I have not been able to give my 100% faith in anything! Gosh!.. Untill.. this year(Praise God!), where I have started unknowingly pruning my once fact-conformed faith to a faith which is free to grow! Isn't that amazing?! But, my faith still has lots of room to grow.. :) To everyone out there: Believe that your faith in God can move mountains! Just believe! Jesus told us to be like children because, children are able to believe without much reason, but what they need is just a promise! Much like what God wants us to be! He wants us to believe in Him, because He can promised us eternal life.. but if we were to think of a reason, rational to our thinking, it is quite impossible because to put God's plan/logic in our minds is like taking the whole ocean and fitting all of those to a small hole dugged in the sand.. :) So be like children and believe, and be one of the heirs to inherit the kingdom of Heaven!

Anyway, I have got to go now.. :) So just in case I do not blog in the next few weeks.. I would like to wish everyone of you reading this, a very blessed Christmas and a Spirit-filled New Year!

Peace be with you always!

Celestine <><

No comments: