Wednesday, January 07, 2004

My Incense Holder

Hi guys!

In a few hours time it's aunt's wedding. Anyway, she had just received a wedding gift from me. A beautiful wood-craved incense holder, that has oriental ducks and lotuses as it's motif. What is special about this gift anyway? Well, the gift is not extraordinary but the person that prompted me to give it is. He is no other than my Lord God Almighty! :)

Two months ago, I went with a friend of mine to Central Market to do some window-shopping and I thought it would be good for me to get my own incense holder. So I went and I stumbled upon this beautiful incense holder.. I hesitated to buy the incense holder but after I went 'round looking, and did not manage to find another one like it... I decided to buy with a mere RM8 discount from the shopkeeper. I was satisfied with what I have bought, but on the other hand I felt that it was not necessary because I had no use for it. But since I have bought it, I decided I should not regret. ;)

Just a month ago, I came back to my hometown, for my aunt's wedding. And I displayed this prized treasure I bought to my soon-to-be-married aunt and also to the rest of the family. My aunt loved it and jokingly asked me to give it to her as a weddiing gift.. but I told her if she wanted it, I would willingly sell it to her at the cost price to get my money back. But then she didn't buy because she complained it was too expensive. But I ponder on whether or not to give it as a wedding gift for a while.. But soon, I forgot all about it untill: Today.

The Lord prompted me to give the incense burner to her as a wedding gift. I struggled for a moment, between my greed and my love for God. And praise the Lord; my love for God won. :)

I had a talk with my aunt just now, when I presented her the gift. I told her that, there are many things in this world I am not sure of, but one thing I am sure is that, the Lord has great plans for her and her husband(my uncle ;) ). I also told her that although she is not aware(note: my aunt's a Buddhist) of the Lord, but nevertheless the Lord is always aware of her every move and is always looking out for her.

How do I know? Well, because He told us that He carved our names on His palm even before we were born. And I also told her that incense is used in our Church to symbolize consecration to the Lord. And then at that moment the Holy Spirit gave me a revelation: the reason the incense holder was chosen as the wedding gift is because the Lord wanted my aunt to consecrate herself to Him! And of course, I told my aunt this revelation immediately. I assured her that I am not imposing my beliefs on her, rather I am letting her consider to rely on a Friend I know that never gives up and is always faithful.. The Friend that I am refering to, is God; the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

As for whether my aunt would be Christian, I do not know but I do know that once she embark on this journey, she will discover that God has plans for her prosperity and not to destroy(Jeremiah 29:11).. I will keep her in my prayers, always.

God bless,

Celestine <><

No comments: