Tuesday, March 23, 2004

My Authority Over Earth (& In Heaven)

My relatives and some friends know that I do not agree with New Age stuff especially Feng Shui. :) Some of my family members have told me; "Feng Shui is not a religion...", well I absolutely agree that Feng Shui is non-religious. "Then why is that you disagree in practising Feng Shui?" you ask?

To answer this question, I have to go all the way back to Adam & Eve (yup, the first humans to roam the earth). As it was said in the Bible, Adam & Eve sinned and was kicked out of the Garden of Eden. But 'how' did they sin, is what I would like to focus on. Both Adam & Eve fell into the temptation of the serpent a.k.a. satan, and in the book of Genesis; the devil took the persona of the serpent to illustrate that man lost the authority that God originally gave him - to a mere animal (a creature which is initially under the dominion of man). Therefore, the authority of mankind over all the earth has been lost to satan. Which means that all these new age stuff like astrology, geomancy (feng shui), palmistry, etc.. might really work! Because man has now been subjected to the earth.

BUT the good news is: Jesus came and won over all authority over the earth from satan. Plus all authority in heaven has been given to Him also! (Matthew 28:18) So as a Christian, I too have the authority over the earth and in heaven because of the fact that I am IN Christ! Which also translates that I am no longer subjected to the earth because the One I am truly subjected to is Jesus Christ!

So when a Christian practices Feng Shui or any other New Age stuff, they are actually going back to be a 'captive' of the earth again! Think about it, why would I want other ways to 'improve' my life here on earth, when I can have Jesus who turns my life around and gives me everlasting life? ;)

As Jesus said: "You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it." (John 14:14) If you would like to be free from 'captivity', so that you can be free in Christ, ask Him and He will do it. :)

Jesus, I trust in You.

Peace <><

No comments: