Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Pride & Prejudice

Mr. Darcy: How are you this evening my dear?

Ms. Bennet: Very well, only I wish you would not call me "my dear".

Mr. Darcy: Why?

Ms. Bennet: Because it is what my father always calls my mother when he is crossed about something.

Mr. Darcy: What endearments that I may allow?

Ms. Bennet: Let me think... "Lizzy" for everyday, "My Pearl" for Sundays and "Goddess Divine" for those very special occasions.

Mr. Darcy: Ah, and what shall I call you when I am crossed... "Mrs. Darcy"?

Ms. Bennet: No..! No. You may only call me Mrs. Darcy when you are completely... and perfectly... and incandescently happy.

Mr. Darcy: And how are you this evening... Mrs. Darcy? *kiss on the forehead* Mrs. Darcy... *kiss on the left cheek* Mrs. Darcy... *kiss on the nose* Mrs. Darcy... *kiss on the right cheek* Mrs. Darcy... *kiss on the lips*

- excerpt from the final scene in Pride & Prejudice (2005)
---

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Beautiful beautiful movie! An exemplary film which is extremely romantic with no sex involved. Amazing. I had my third appreciation of the movie today - it was that good. Makes me want to start reading Jane Austen's other works.

*fake English accent* Certainly a film that is worth your every penny. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a fan of Jane Austen and have been for years since I was a kid....Well, I was kinda disappointed at how the movie portrayed the story...Jane Austen deserves better...The book is a whole lot better..the movie didn't explore the full dynamics and depth of the actual story....Then again, that's what everyone who has read the book about a book-to-movie-type of movie says about their favourite stories anyways....Read Jane Austen...and you'll wonder why Sweet Dreams or Sweet Valley is so popular...when we have Jane Austen

Unknown said...

To me, the classic story called 'Jane Eyre' by Charlotte Bronte is much more romantic than Pride and Prejudice. Rather feminist, though. I prefer Bronte's stories to Jane Austen's. Just a personal opnion.

Unknown said...

Just a personal opinion: I prefer Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre to Pride & Prejudice. Try Jane Eyre - it's one of the most romantic stories I've read. Rather feminist, though.