Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Song of the Sheperd / Rosary Chaplets

Last Sunday me and a few of my church mates caught David M. Sanborn's one-man show performance of the "Song of the Shepherd" at the ACTS Church in Subang Jaya! The acting was good and singing was of Broadway quality (a friend of my commented that it was better than the main lead of Grease!). Believe it or not, according to Sanborn: his script was taken word-for-word from the Bible itself! :) If you do not take my word for it, do check him out yourself; pssstt... I hear he will be performing at Glad Tidings next month. :D

On a different note. Aren't these beautiful! These are rosary chaplets (which consists of only 10 beads) and are mini-versions of the full rosary (consists of 59 beads). The beads you see are actually seeds from a bush called the "mani plant"; which is an incredible plant because its seeds are natural beads (shiny and hard on the outside and hollow in the inside), no drilling required, just push the soft fibre out from its centre. Here's my confession: I did not bought these... I MADE THESE MYSELF! *beams* So far I got two done, both with medals (as opposed to crucifixes) of the Crowned Christ / Mater Dolorosa and St. Benedict's Cross / Image of St. Benedict. Oh did I mention, you may wear them as bracelets? Hehe. :)

Ahhh.. I have found my new love: making rosary chaplets! :D

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Job Celestine, I tried making rosaries and chaplets during my time in the Seminary...didn't work..my hands are not cut out for this kind of work...keep on having really cacated metal knots instead.

God Reward you for your wonderful work and also..it is a nice practise to calm you down if you are angry with something :P

Celestine said...

quavadis: Thank you :) Yeap, found it to be kinda therapeutic. :)

Celestine said...

arteo: Sorry, the mani-chaplets are not for sale; harvested very little, hence the reason I made chaplets instead of full rosaries. :)

However I would be glad to help you with your rosary ministry at no cost (i'll consider it as long-due penance. haha!) :)

You could subsidise the cost of the materials (beads, chains, etc) though. :) hehe.

Su-Lyn said...

He'll be performing at GT? Cool! I'll get to see him in action then! :D

Celestine said...

rk boo: yeap, highly recommended :)

just me: welcome to Jesus! Cool, you could make one too! :)