Thursday, August 10, 2006

After The Incident / From the top of my head

Good ole' St. Augustine once said that God's omnipotence is manifested not in His ability to extinguish evil, but in His ability to bring good out of it. Because evil is the absence of good, therefore for God to bring good out of nothing is enough proof of his all-powerfullness.

The Incident that happened last week was the best thing yet that has happened to me! [I am not being sarcastic here ya?] I am serious! I felt so loved with all the encouragement (face-to-face or via sms/emails/comments/phonecalls) that I received from my friends and fellow bloggers/blogders. :)

I believe that was what St. Augustine meant when he said that God is able to bring good even out of evil. If not for the Incident I would not have known that there are so many people who find my existence on this planet significant. ;) Well, at least now I know I got to cater for at least 20 people when I have my funeral. *grin* :D

---

From the top of my head (in no particular order):

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It takes a death threat to make you realise you're loved?
lol
And I like point number four because sometimes, it seems so much easier to let Someone Else make the choices for you.

Anonymous said...

Hmm..did my earlier comment got posted or not?

Anyway..Idiotix (if it didnt) every is special, including you....hehehehe

Anyway, keep me posted on when you plan to return to the Father's Mansion, Kuching aint exactly just a short drive away...hehehehe

Jerine said...

im still deciding whether i love durian or not too...
actually i've thought of that before.. God is able to bring good out of evil. i always think that God will never allow evil things happen. even if it happens, its merely a test or some form of encouragement or revelation that God intended it to happen. I just received a booklet from RBC. Not sure what was the title...something like why God allow bad things to happen. Tell you after I scrutinize it

Anonymous said...

Lady In The Water sucked big time... there is no other plausible way of looking at it... seriously... come talk to me at college, and i'll explain why...

anon.

P.S. If evil is the absence of good, then good is the absence of evil... and therefore, both are nothing. think about it.

Celestine said...

Janice: :P

pat: Yeap, I am an existentialist

QuaVadis: Yea, it did. Will do. :P

Jerine: God allows evil but he didn't will it, that's the key difference. :)

anon.: I assume that's your name. haha. :) I'll make it an exception since you are college mate. Identify yourself! LOL. :) Well, I did say evil is the absence of good but i never said that good is the absence of evil. :) Here's an analogy: Let's say "good" is water. Therefore a glass which is half-full is half-filled with good and we term the rest of the unfilled areas as "evil".

Anonymous said...

well, then... if you're using *that* as an analogy, good would have to have come from the rest of the glass, no?

So, "good" comes out of "evil"... true... but without comparison, without the absence of evil, good is nothing, so essentially, they are "nothings" so to speak... ? hahaha. I will explain myself a little better when i have the time. i am off to class :)

A.

P.S. (POST script) Identify myself?! I think not!

Celestine said...

A.: looking forward to see you.