Sunday, April 22, 2007

Books / April Recommendations

Oh Lord, I have amassed so many (unread) books...
  1. John Harding // One Big Damn Puzzler
  2. Nick Hornby // How To Be Good
  3. Sue Townsend // Adrian Mole and the Weapons of Mass Destruction
  4. Annie Proulx // The Shipping News
  5. William Shakespeare // Macbeth (comic)
  6. William Shakespeare // The Tempest (comic)
  7. J. R. R. Tolkien // The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings series
  8. Peter Carey // Collected Stories
  9. Harriet Evans // Going Home
  10. Pope John Paul II // Memory and Identity
  11. Pope John Paul II // Rise, Let Us Be on Our Way
  12. Raymond Flynn // John Paul II
...and I have not included all the Penguin classics which I have collected along the way. Ugh.

CURRENTLY READING: Father Joe: The Man Who Saved My Soul by Tony Hendra - so far so good, looks promising. Reviews coming up!

---

April Recommendations:

2 comments:

Su-Lyn said...

Don't start with Annie Proulx. Trust me. That book is BORING. I couldn't even finish reading it. The Hobbit's more readable than LOTR. Funnier. :P

Celestine said...

rk boo: oh now you have primed me to think that book is boring. haha. ok. i'll take your word for it and read it last. i am currently reading another book: Memory and Identity by John Paul II. :D