Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Misunderstood

My well-intentioned meeting with Ms. A at my ex-college turned hostile when she got to know that the newly established Catholic Students Society (CSS) meeting is running concurrently with Christian Fellowship (CF; which she's the teacher advisor of). She became all puffed up, teary and emotional. If I didn't know better, I thought she was going ballistic!

I totally understand her worry (she's Pentecostal/Fundamentalist by the way) that non-Christians might be confused with two CHRISTIAN meetings running at the same time.
I.e. she's worried that non-Christians might not know which meeting to attend and end up not attending either. Thus not knowing who Jesus is. Making Hell a definite destination.
But it is not our intention to cause such confusion, rather the decision for the scheduled slot was dependent on the current cell group leader's schedule! Despite my patient (and I was really pa... tient...) explanations, she continued pouring her (yet-to-pass) grievances to me, complete with dynamic hand gestures.


I think her emotions have caught on to me, as I feel kinda bad right now. Of course, of course, we'll try to reschedule the meeting to another day which will NOT clash with CF's. But that will also be dependant on the new members' schedule.

*Sigh*

All I wanted was to know how is she doing and to say "HI" - and was hoping to have a good chat. Sad that the conversation ended on a bad note.

Poor Ms. A

No comments: