Monday, February 06, 2006

Part 3: What do you think?

I was waiting for replies to my previous post in the comments section, but there was none. Here is something interesting for you to chew on:

According to an interview with Lillian Too published in HBS Bulletin Online.

Too said:

"Feng shui is not magic, it's not superstition, and it's not a religion. It's a science, more than 3,500 years old, that's based on the ancient Chinese understanding of energy flows."

However in an interview in 2002 with the Star, Too seemed to contradict her previous statement by saying:

"You can say [Feng Shui] is part superstition".

Now, is it or is it not a superstition?

6 comments:

scorkes said...

I don't really believe in Feng Shui but I would just discuss it for fun.

Anonymous said...

I think Feng Shui is indeed superstition, a lot of things were thought to be 'science' in ancient times but were proven to be wrong more recently. Though no one has proven feng shui to be blasphemy yet, I do not believe that something that could have been explained 3500 years ago cannot be explained today.
Therefore, though I think Feng Shui is superstition, one cannot be 100% sure as with anything else.

Sheena said...

Funny you should talk about this as well, 'cos I was just talking about her with a couple of Buddhist/free-thinker buddies of mine, and even they think she's full of it. It being hot air.

yun said...

Lillian Too is not a proper feng shui master. She learnt it from somewhere and translated it into books and that's why she's famous now and I think she's full of it. Personally however, I do believe in feng shui. So if you want to know if it's science or superstition, then we must ask ourselves, what is science? what is supserstition? and what is feng shui?

IF the definition of feng shui fits either one, then we'll know. If neither, then it's not. Cheers. hehe.

yun said...

I am soooo dumb. I read this post before reading the previous two. So basically I'm just repeating what you said. AIHHH. lol

Celestine said...

yun: no worries; "great minds think alike" ;)