Monday, February 20, 2006

A Witness To Hope

"Shaped by the terrors of Nazi-occupied Poland and the subsequent brutalities of the Communist regime, John Paul II became one of the world’s greatest proponents of religious freedom and human rights. With rare historical stills and archival footage, along with new location footage taken in Rome and Poland, this richly textured film traces the personal life and struggles of the first non-Italian pope in over 450 years. Based on George Weigel’s book of the same title, Witness to Hope is a complete and intimate portrait of an extraordinary leader."

John Paul II was known as the "fearless pope" - his fearlessness stemmed from his total surrender to God and his acknowledgement that the Almighty has the best course of his life planned out. And so I was reminded that I too had to surrender my life to God and trust that He has my best interest.


Jesus, I trust in You.

No comments: