Saturday, April 15, 2006

Good Friday @ CKA

We almost missed Good Friday service, instead of going to St. Francis Xavier's we went to Chapel Kristus Aman in TTDI. We were 10 minutes late and needless to say (as with most Catholic celebrations), there was a huge crowd which extends to the street. It was kinda funny (the haha-weird kind) for me to see a chapel sandwiched between restaurants and other retail outlets. :) The service ended with the Veneration of the Cross, where the faithful express their gratitude to the Lord's cross which is the instrument of our salvation by kneeling and kissing it.

After seeing so many people kissing/touching the cross, I was a kinda "ewwwwed out" of the idea of me kissing the cross... Yes fellow Catholics, judge me! :P
Although the cross was wiped everytime it was kissed, I was concerned that I might catch something by kissing the cross, you know saliva, bacteria, virus, dead skin cells et al. But still! God knows (and I mean it literally) how much individual DNA samples could be found with one swab of a cotton bud. I confess: I did not kiss the cross, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate the Lord's cross. ... I just express my appreciation in a different way. :)

'We adore Thee, O Christ, and we bless Thee because by Thy Holy Cross Thou has Redeemed the World.'

Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were not the only one who didn't kiss the cross. *hides face in shame*

I thought it ends with Communion?

p.s. pls delete my other comment, I can't seem to remember my own name.

5xmom.com said...

You know what? It was my first Good Friday service yesterday. And I was totally in awe when I see the priest postulate (lie flat on the floor, face down?). It brought tears to my eyes. Cos I have never seen it. And when it comes to the veneration of the cross, I was whispering the same thing with my son. But we got a new cross in our queue and I still didn't make contact 'cos I was wearing lipstick. :)

Blessed Easter to you and your family. Alleluia, the Lord is Risen!