Friday, June 30, 2006

IMPORTANT: Sponsor Me To Rome!

Recently I have been introduced to the Emmanuel School of Mission (ESM) which is a Catholic missionary formation school based in Rome. According to its brochure it is a "one-year experience, rich in missionary, spiritual and doctrinal formation." And - "Whoa!" - is exactly what I thought. The more I mull over it the more interested I become; as I begun to imagine how it must be like to be in Rome, learning the curriculum and going on missions! ... So what's stopping me? Money, or rather the lack of. :P

You see, the school runs for 9 months from October to June and the cost of going to ESM is 700 Euros (or around RM3500, i think) per month, which translates to RM31,500! This calculated lump sum is enough to pay for my tuition for least 6 semesters... So now you see why I cannot possibly approach my parents to sponsor me to Rome.

That is why I would like to appeal to all of you reading this post, that you would be generous with your money to sponsor me for my studies in Rome. In return, in addition to my regular blog posts, I pledge to create weekly podcasts (possibly video podcasts) updating you guys of my recent happenings whether when I am in Rome or on missions! How 'bout that? Sounds good? ;)

By the way, I would like to make it for this year's intake in October so that means I have about less than 3 months to raise funds. So please hurry and sponsor me to Rome! Any amount big or small is appreciated. Please contact me at celestinetan@gmail.com :)

p/s: I would gladly email you my curriculum vitae if you decide that you would like to know more about me before making your contribution. Also you are most welcome to request for verification, to determine whether or not your contributions would be channeled to my studies in Rome.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, that is a lot of money. I wish you all the best in raising the funds, even though I can't contribute myself. :p

That really sounds like a wonderful cause to go for, and it'll be a great experience.

Celestine said...

cynical-idealist: Thank you :D I do hope I am able to raise funds on time before the term at ESM starts. Do spread the word around ya? :D

Anonymous said...

all the best in raising funds, by the way, both links are void =P

Celestine said...

Doulos: Thanks for notifying. Link problem fixed. :)

Peter said...

All the best for your fund raising.

Celestine said...

Peter: Thank you :D