Tuesday, March 14, 2006

MY American Idol: Taylor Hicks

I was contemplating of posting something on stem-cell research but after chatting with a friend, I decided I needed more information in order to give a more objective view... Then I thought of blogging about the nature of God, but I was not in the mood.

However I am now in the mood for an Idol post! Hehe. My favorite contestant is Taylor Hicks. Yeah, the dude with the grey hair and sings like ... hmm. Ray Charles? Actually, I am not sure who he sings like 'cos to me he created his own genre. Initially I found his antics / dance moves a lil' "spastic" (if you know what I mean) but he grows on you after some time and it becomes rather endearing. Taylor is unpretentiousness and you can feel his sincerity when he sings. He presents himself "as-he-is", kinda like "love or leave me". Raw and honest, that's what I like. :)


Can't wait for the next episode of Idol! Go Taylor! WoooOOT! :D

---

CLICK HERE For MP3s and Videos of Taylor Hicks! Highly Recommended!

3 comments:

5xmom.com said...

LOL, of all the contestants, I dislike him most 'cos he is only 29 yrs old and looks 50! If I can vote, I will vote for Paris!

Cheng Sim said...

Taylor has his own individuality but i still prefer this two 16 year old: Paris and Lisa. i think they're mega talented.

Sheena said...

The IDOLatry joke... Aduh. I am not even going to dignify that with a comment.

Anyway, I am rooting for Kellie Pickler. I loved her ever since she sang "Since U Been Gone" during the auditions. I never thought I'd say this about a girl, and a girl close to my age at that, but she is CUTE. As in, personality cute.

(Oh, no. I just used the word "cute" on your blog. There goes my tough reputation.)