Monday, March 13, 2006

New Perspective

I'll take you back always
Even when your fight is over now
Even when your fight is over now
I'll take you back always
Even when the pain is coming through
Even when the pain is coming through
I'll take you back
- chorus from Take You Back by Jeremy Camp


This is for me the flavor of the week. :) The song was written based on the story of the Prodigal Son and when I had my first listen to it what caught my attention was the chorus. I like the choice of words - "take you back"; to me that sounds real, sounds like what a father would say to his child who is unsure whether the father still loves him/her after the child has left him to pursue his/her own selfish wants. That struck a chord in me. And I guess that's what every "seasoned" Christian needs; a fresh perspective of looking at God's all-inclusive love.

I believe this Lent is more purifying for me, not that other Lents are less purifying. It's just that this Lent I am more open to the God's work in my life. I am more willing, i think. So therefore I have started the discipline of fasting and the rosary, but I have not done so for about 1 week plus as I have been terribly ill (98% recovered now, 1 more antibiotic to go, thank God!).

Soon I'll blog more on stem-cell research/the nature of God/AmericanIdol5 (I am fan of Taylor Hicks!) ;) Meanwhile I'd like to know the opinion of the general public on stem-cell research, please post your opinions in the comments area. :)

You take me back always
Even when my fight is over now
Even when my fight is over now
You take me back always
Even when my pain is coming through
Even when my pain is coming through
You take me back
- final chorus from Take You Back by Jeremy Camp

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am going to have to assume you mean the moral and ethical issues. I am going to have to first say, I don't know much about stem cell research.

However, in my opinion, adult stem cell research is basically ok since it does not harm any person or life.

The real question lies in embryonic stem cell research, which is the research using stem cells from aborted foetuses. In this case, I believe it is not right as the foetus is killed in this process of research. Seeing that a foetus has the potential to become a human being, it can be considered killing someone.

Although there is an argument that the foetus was never in the uterus to begin with, it is in my opinion that the fertilisation of an egg is the beginning of a new life.

This are just my humble views on stem cell research. I will again say that I really don't know much about it.

Celestine said...

Thank you for the feedback! :D Hey, it's good to have an opinion ;)