Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Not very penitential.

I know what I have said about abstinence. But... I just. couldn't. help. it.

I spent RM116 altogether during Times Warehouse Sale @ The Atria, Damansara Jaya! Bought those mini Penguin books with short stories by Washing Irving, Robert Frost, Grimm's Fairy Tales, John Steinbeck, James Joyce, H. G. Wells, Anton Chekhov, Mother Goose, Hans Christian Andersen, Nathaniel Hawthorne, Oscar Wilde and Fyodor Dostoyevsky for only RM1 each! [Insane!] That's not all, I got two books by G. K. Chesterton: The Club of Queer Trades and Father Brown for RM5 each AND Mother Teresa's Audiobook A Simple Path for RM10. Wait, I have not finished listing... what's more I got myself Tash Aw's The Harmony Silk Factory [RM27], Mark Haddon's The Curious Incident [RM25] and Joey Yap's Stories and Lessons on Feng Shui [RM28]. OK, it's not what you think. I am reading Joey Yap for research purposes. After all the Art of War says: "to know your enemy is to win half the battle". ;) Finally, I got myself Garfield's 2006 Day-to-Day Calendar for only... RM5 (it was originally RM49); what a steal!!

Ahh... it's been a long time since I felt so good after buying something.

Yes, yes. I'll be going to Mass later to do my penance. ;)

---

P/s: Sale is until 5th March /1st Floor, The Atria Shopping Centre, Jalan SS22/23, Damansara Jaya, 47400 Petaling Jaya / Sunday-Thursday (10am - 8pm) and Friday and Saturday (10am - 9pm)

2 comments:

5xmom.com said...

LOL, that's a lot of books you got there! For a sec. I went, aiks, fengshui? If you need any Lillian Too books, I got plenty. But only to be given away for research purposes.

Celestine said...

haha. sure, will get them from you after I finished joey yap :)