Thursday, January 04, 2007

Four days late - Happy New Year anyway!

... here are my (obligatory) new year's resolutions:
  1. Maintain a CGPA of 3.5 and above
    Currently I am at 3.48 which is rather good I think, but of course I would prefer to have higher grade point averages - who doesn't?

  2. Read at least THREE books a month
    It's manageable considering I did manage to read three books (An Exorcist Tells His Story, And When Did You Last See Your Father? and Christ the Lord) last month. *Beams!*

  3. Sculpt great looking abs
    Though I might not get six-packs but I do hope to get better looking abs by the end of 2007 ;)

  4. Go to gym at least 5 times a week
    OK - I am not going for BodyPump / weight-training for 5 days in a row. More cardio to burn off excess body fat (especially when I plan to drink one mug of milk everyday for protein) Step-machines - here I come!

  5. Be punctual
    Father OC once said the following with a grin: "Celestine, one of these days you will be late for your own funeral." Mental note to self: 12.00pm means 12.00pm NOT 12.15pm.

  6. Morning Prayer (Lauds) & Night Prayer (Complines) Everyday
    Catholic set prayers rock! Period.

  7. Read the Bible cover to cover beginning from the New Testament
    I've done this before (from Genesis) but I stopped at one of the Pauline letters. Now I am doing it again - I need perseverance, pray for me people!
For those of you who are interested to know how you can make and keep your New Year's resolutions CLICK HERE [via Lifehacker]

All the best!

Signing off.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh... a link to how to keep your resolutions! =P

Anonymous said...

u must be out of ur mind... 5 times a week???

old test: stuck at Samuel
new test: stop at 1 Thess but finished reading Rev

great looking Abs!! i can see Shane drooling now :P

Punctuality is next to godliness. Good for you man.

May 2007 bring lots of happiness & fulfillment.

adriene said...

hey celestine,

good thing doing, writing down ur resolutions. it helps heaps i think, even unconsciously.

will pen my own soon too. have been meaning to, but haven't had much free time lately.

take care,
adriene

savante said...

Hey, I am drooling myself. Hot abs. Yum.

And you can't finish the Bible at one go? Take your time lah. Enjoy the Old Testament and the various naughty bits therein. Can anyone blame Potiphar's wife? I'd have seduced him myself.

Paul

Celestine said...

shane: Yeap, the site offers practical suggestions :)

Jared: Come to think about it, 5 times is a bit much; but as they say aim for the moon even if you fail you will land among the stars :)

Adriene: Haha. The reason I put my resolutions online was to have you guys keep me accountable :)

savante: LOL! :) I've got to finish reading the Bible soon, been procrastinating for too long ;)

MrBunnyBan said...

Reading the bible cover to cover isn't actually that useful to your growth, apart from bragging rights. It's really better to use a daily guide to discuss and meditate on the verses that you read effectively. If you like, use one that covers the whole bible in so-and-so period.

(New Testament is eaaaasy.)

(( Some of your new resolutions are pretty unreasonable! ))

Celestine said...

ban: Bragging rights aside, reading the bible cover to cover also eases my guilt for reading non-biblical books :P Yes, I do use a daily devotional - Selywn Hughes' Cover to Cover: God's People. :)

MrBunnyBan said...

Somehow I knew you were using Selwyn Hugnes' devotionals. Heh. I'm not fond of his style if my memory serves me. He keeps putting up discussions that have little to do with the passage. (but my memory could be foggy and that could be another devotional altogether. :P )