Thursday, November 13, 2003

My Light

Woke up this morning and I am still feeling sick.. Body aching all over and my forehead is burning.. well.. not exactly but it's HOT! :) Praise the Lord, my flu bugs are half gone.. guess they decided to pack up and leave, so to not impose me that much, by staying in me! :) haha. Anyway.. I am feeling much better now.. after i slept for hours.. in the afternoon.. which by the way was scorching hot, and it felt like an oven even though i had the fan on! I thought I was gonna melt there and then..the agony.. :P But Panadol works magic! My pain receptors are not working right now so I am happily typing here.. until i need another dose of it.. :) and my fever has subsided.. Thanks for the prayers guys!

Oh yeah, before I forget! I would like to share something that I realised yesterday while studying Biology.. OK. Trust me, this will not be a science thesis.. but rather a spiritual one.. "How is that so?" you ask? :) Well.. I was reading something on Food Web and Food Chain.. and then it goes to say we(heterotrophs: organisms that can't make it's own food but to eat other organisms to gain energy) depend on plants(autotrophs: organisms which can make it's own food).. which is fairly true.. and it also goes to say.. the main source of energy is actually from the Sun(light) and then this struck me.. all this while we are indirectly solar powered? haha..and another thing struck me.. Jesus said... in John 8:41 ".. "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, butwill have the light of life".. Oh my goodness! Before others in Jesus time knew about science, Jesus already knew that light sustains life.. and when he says he is the light of life, he is saying he gives life and indirectly meaning he is God.. :) But that's not all.. in Matthew 5:14-16, Jesus tells us.. "You are the light of the world. A city set on a mountain cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and then put it under a bushel basket; it is set on a lampstand, where it gives light to all in the house. Just so, your light must shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your heavenly Father".. And so, Jesus tells us that whatever our actions are, make sure it glorifies the Lord! And what actions glorifies the Lord? Answer: actions that supports life.. :)

But, people living here on earth today.. sadly especially Christians, have forgotten about being the light of the world! And because of that we have things like pre/extra-marital sex, homosexual sex, abortion and a whole lot more of things going on that does not give life but rather suppresses life.. which is a whole lot contrary to what Jesus tells us to be..! One thing that is often overlooked is artificial contraception.. yes, that includes condoms, the pill, IUD, etc.. The objective of contraception is to prevent life.. and this interrupts God's plan in our lives! And sex becomes something that married couples do because of sheer pleasure.. and this makes sex leans closer to lust than to love.. where is the sanctity then? How is that an act of pro-creation? I believe the argument for them would be, "it's the best way to prevent unwanted pregnancies, thus preventing abortion." .. but my question is, who are we to judge which pregnancies is wanted or unwanted? And how would those individuals feel when their parents tell them.. "Well.. Jimmy.. you are an accident.." ? And if you ask.. "well.. is there biblical proof that contraception is not permitted by God?".. the answer would be yes. In Genesis 38.. Onan was to preserve his brother's line by having sex with his sister-in-law(widow) but because he knew that the decendants will not be his, he used coitus interruptus(withdrawal).. everytime he had sex with her.. and this greatly offended the Lord and the Lord killed Onan..

To have our actions being pro-creative may be a tough thing to do.. but it
is something that we must do because we are called to.. :) Our God is not a kill-joy God and because of this fact.. we know that whatever he approves/disapprove is best for us.. Everyone is called by Jesus to be pro-creative, especially Christians.. and our actions should reflect him.. :)

.. For we are the light of the world.. :)

God bless..

Celestine <><

No comments: